How to get help

If you are a Social worker or a Maternal and Child Health nurse...

To access our service please read our Service Policy and contact us by email. Our service is provided free of charge and there are no assessment criteria.

If you are a parent who needs help…

If you or your children are at risk and need immediate help here are some numbers for you to call.

If you do not have a social worker you can contact Child FIRST to have your needs assessed. Child First is progressively transitioning to The Orange Door. For Greater Geelong, Queenscliff, Surf Coast, Colac-Otway the number is 1800 312 820 and for Golden Plains 1300 783 341.

Child FIRST is a free service. You need to complete a Child FIRST assessment where they will explore your parenting capacity and needs. This does not guarantee that a case manager will be allocated to you, if they assess alternative community supports can be put in place. For more information please see this website.

The Maternal & Child Health Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The number is 13 22 29.