Our Vision is a future where we waste less, share more and care for every child.
Our mission is to rehome pre-loved nursery goods to support Victorian families in need while saving the earth’s precious resources.
We collect, sort and redistribute essential nursery equipment, clothing, books and toys for babies and school age children.
For each other. For the earth. For ourselves.
We live and thrive in a community who shares and supports each other.
We are transparent in our work and strive for excellence in everything we do.
Our Guiding Principles
• We will work with and support existing social services and maternal health workers;
• We will not duplicate the work of these existing social services but endeavour to add value to these services;
• We will ensure that the criteria for recipient eligibility is determined by social service agencies and not by Geelong Mums;
• We will ensure that all goods donated are of a good quality, in working condition, and adhere to the appropriate Australian safety standards (ie. we would use the goods ourselves);
• We give everything as a gift with no expectation of return;
• We seek to save the earth's precious resources by rehoming, recycling, reusing and repurposing as much as possible;
• We will work with partners and supporters who share our values and goals.
Our Theory of Change
Please see this summary of our Theory of Change
Our Strategic Goals
Please see this summary of our strategic goals for 2018 - 2020.
Our United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development