Our Vision is a future where we share more, waste less and care for every child.
To ensure children and families are happy, healthy and safe. This is possible when families can provide their children with the best possible foundation in life.
We exist to provide safety, opportunity and dignity for children and families in Victoria.
For each other. For the earth. For ourselves.
We thrive when we share, and support each other.
We are transparent in our work.
We strive for excellence to maximise impact.
Our Guiding Principles
• We will work with and support existing social services and maternal health workers;
• We will not duplicate the work of these existing social services but endeavour to add value to these services;
• We will ensure that the criteria for recipient eligibility is determined by social service agencies and not by Geelong Mums;
• We will ensure that all goods donated are of a good quality, in working condition, and adhere to the appropriate Australian safety standards (ie. we would use the goods ourselves);
• We give everything as a gift with no expectation of return;
• We seek to save the earth's precious resources by rehoming, recycling, reusing and repurposing as much as possible;
• We will work with partners and supporters who share our values and goals.
Our Theory of Change
Please see this summary of our Theory of Change
Our Strategic Goals
Please see this summary of our strategic goals for 2018 - 2020.
Our United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development