Fundraise for us
Fundraising is a fun and sociable way to support the families we help.
Thank you for your interest in Fundraising for Geelong Mums. Under the 1991 Charitable Fundraising Act, anyone wishing to raise money for charitable purposes must hold an authority to fundraise issued by the charity.
This is a simple 3 step process
- Please read our Fundraising Kit. This includes our Terms of Agreement which outlines the use of our name and logo, and other important information
- Complete this Permission to Fundraise form for our approval
- We will provide you with a Letter of Authority to Fundraise
Please returns the proceeds within 14 days from the completion of your fundraising activity. Its quick and simple to do so on this website.
Once we have received your funds, we will send you a receipt. Please let us know if we can also provide you with a Certificate of Appreciation.
Don’t forget to tag us in your photos of the day so we can share on our social media!
If you need any further information, please email us.
If you need some help deciding what your fundraising activity will be, here are a few ideas:
- Host a morning tea - for friends, at your workplace, or at your local library, community centre or sports group.
- Throw a dinner party and ask each of your guests to make a small donation.
- A night at the movies – many cinemas have small screens that they can provide for charity screenings and will provide a discount ticket price. If the cinema charges $10 per ticket, perhaps you could charge $25 per person, with $15 going to Geelong Mums.
- Host a trivia night – everyone loves a pub quiz!
- Girls / Boys night in – ask your friends to bring food, have a night in and donate the money that would usually be spent on a night out.
- Movie night in – get together with friends, share your favourite movies, grab some ice cream and popcorn and donate what it would usually cost to go to the cinema.
- Get out your BBQ tongs and organise a sausage sizzle.
- If being active is your thing, what about a golf day or a barefoot bowls fundraiser?
- Have a casual clothes day at school or work.
- Set up a lemonade stand or cake stall at work, school or a sporting event.
- Ask for donations in lieu of gifts for a birthday, Christmas or special celebration.
- Enter a fun run, walk, or bike ride event and have family, friends and colleagues sponsor you.
- Do something that’s a personal challenge that your friends will sponsor you for – give up chocolate or learn a new language!
- Wash cars, mow lawns or help with other odd jobs – offer your services to friends, family and neighbours and get them to make a donation in lieu of what they would normally be charged.