Make A Mother's Day
Show a mum you care and #MakeAMothersDay
This Mother’s Day is a special one, as many are finally able to celebrate together after a difficult few years. To make that celebration extra special, Geelong Mums is encouraging everyone to spread that joy and show a mum in need that you care this May.
The 'Make a Mother's Day' campaign will provide support to a family in need.
There are a number of ways that you can get involved this year -
- Make a financial donation. $50 will provide support for a mum who might be affected by violence, family breakdown, at risk of homelessness, or living in poverty.
- Organise a fundraising event. Get together with your friends and family and fundraise or collect donations for the #makeamothersday campaign.
- Make up a gift bag of women’s toiletries. Choose a nice toiletry bag and fill it with everything you would need if you had nothing.
- Some ideas include toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, hair ties, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tampons/pads, sunscreen, body and face moisturiser, cleanser, tissues, or deodorant (no razors, metals/sharps or medication please).
- Include a note for a mum to let her know you care.
- Take a photo of your gift pack and post it on social media using the hashtag #makeamothersday
- Drop off at Geelong Mums at 110 Balliang St, South Geelong VIC 3220 or post it to us.
Mother's Day is Sunday 8 May. Please ensure your gift arrives by Thursday, 28 April.