Show a mum you care this Mother's Day
While many of us will be planning a special Mother's Day this year, Geelong Mums is encouraging everyone to show a mum in need that you care this May.
The 'Make a Mother's Day' campaign will provide everyday essentials for a mum experiencing hardship to show them you care. You will be helping a mum who might be at risk of homelessness, affected by violence, family breakdown, or living in poverty.
Geelong Mums usually relies heavily on financial donations made at their Mother’s Day Lunch in May each year. This couldn’t go ahead last year and we haven’t been able to start planning the event this year due to the uncertainty.
So we need your help! There are a number of ways that you can get involved this year -
- Make a financial donation here. A $50 donation will ensure Geelong Mums can provide a mum with a toiletries pack this Mother’s Day.
- Make a donation in lieu of a Mother’s Day present for your own Mum or special person in your life by clicking here. We will email you a special certificate you can give them.
- Organise a get together with your friends and family and fundraise or collect donations on the day. Please express your interest here.
- Drop a toiletry bag filled with new and unopened toiletries at our warehouse, 110 Balliang Street, South Geelong during the following times:
- Saturday 24 April from 9.30 am - 11.30 am
- Monday 26 April - Friday 30 April from 9.00 am - 3.00 pm
- Saturday 1 May (last day please) from 9.30 am - 11.30 am
Here is a list of instructions:
- Make up a toiletry bag of women’s toiletries. Choose a nice toiletry bag and fill it with all the usual goodies - some ideas include toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, hair ties, shampoo, conditioner, tampons/pads, sunscreen, body and face moisturiser, cleanser, tissues, deodorant, band aids or a basic first aid kit (no razors, metals/sharps or medication please). As an added extra please also include something special - like a perfume, hand cream, body wash or face mask to really make a mother's day.
- Take a photo of your gift pack and post it on social media using the hashtag #makeamothersday
- Post to Geelong Mums at 110 Balliang Street, South Geelong or drop it off at our warehouse.
Mother's Day is Sunday 9 May. Please ensure your gift arrives as early as possible this week.