Help families by hosting a fundraiser
We rely on the generosity of the community to enable us to give at-risk families the essential items they need to keep their children safe.Community Fundraising is a fun and sociable way to raise money for the families we help, and spread awareness of Geelong Mums.
Perhaps your children are organising a lemonade stall, maybe you’re organising a social event with friends, or you might have started training so that you can enter a fun run on our behalf! There’s so many ways that you can raise money to help us and have fun at the same time!
Before you fundraise
If you already have your fundraising idea in mind, then please take 5 minutes to complete this Permission to Fundraise form so that we can approve your fundraiser and provide you with an Authority to Fundraise letter. You can also use this form to order posters, or merchandise that you can sell on our behalf.
Please read our Community Fundraising Terms of Agreement – you will be asked to confirm that you have read these on the Permission to Fundraise form.
Returning your funds
Once you have completed your fundraising activity, please complete this form, which offers a number of payment options.
Need some inspiration?
If you know that you want to fundraise for Geelong Mums, but need some help deciding what your fundraising activity will be, here are a few ideas:
- Host a morning tea - for friends, at your workplace, or at your local library, community centre or sports group.
- Throw a dinner party and ask each of your guests to make a small donation.
- A night at the movies – many cinemas have small screens that they can provide for charity screenings and will provide a discount ticket price. If the cinema charges $10 per ticket, perhaps you could charge $25 per person, with $15 going to Geelong Mums.
- Host a trivia night – everyone loves a pub quiz!
- Girls / Boys night in – ask your friends to bring food, have a night in and donate the money that would usually be spent on a night out.
- Movie night in – get together with friends, share your favourite movies, grab some ice cream and popcorn and donate what it would usually cost to go to the cinema.
- Get out your BBQ tongs and organise a sausage sizzle.
- If being active is your thing, what about a golf day or a barefoot bowls fundraiser?
- Have a casual clothes day at school or work.
- Set up a lemonade stand or cake stall at work, school or a sporting event.
- Ask for donations in lieu of gifts for a birthday, Christmas or special celebration.
- Enter a fun run, walk, or bike ride event and have family, friends and colleagues sponsor you.
- Do something that’s a personal challenge that your friends will sponsor you for – give up chocolate or learn a new language!
- Wash cars, mow lawns or help with other odd jobs – offer your services to friends, family and neighbours and get them to make a donation in lieu of what they would normally be charged.
- Use the Permission to Fundraise form to order Geelong Mums tea towels or greetings cards to sell.
We wish you the best of luck with your fundraiser and we hope that you will share some photos with us once your event is complete! If you need any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.